Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesRole This role will be responsible for creating the tools for customers to build business automations and integrating intelligence into their business automations. You will extensively use a host of technologies such as Java, Eclipse, REST, and more! In our agile development model, designers/developers participate in small, autonomous but aligned teams where they learn and perform a variety of roles, including design, development, test, automation and client interaction/support.As an IBM Software Developer, you'll be responsible for ensuring that our software components are expertly designed, developed, debugged, supported, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.Key responsibilities include
If you are passionate about software development and quality in addition to the opportunity to be part of a team that is developing next generation digital business automation software, then this may be the opportunity for you.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Build and test Java-based software using a host of technologies and methodologies, in an Eclipse-based environment
- Build and support REST API.
- Experience with Docker and Cloud computing
- In our agile development model, participate in small, autonomous but aligned teams to learn and perform a variety of roles, including design, development, test, automation and client interaction/support.
- Ensure that our software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
- Innovate and turn new ideas into reality
- Work collaboratively across functional areas
- Take ownership of assignments & drive them to completion.
- Problem determination, debugging, and resolution
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of IT experience
- At least 2 years experience with Java
- At least 2 years experience with Eclipse
- At least 2 years experience with REST / Swagger
- At least 2 years experience with REST API development
- At least 2 years experience with Database/SQL
- Good communication skills
- Level of professionalism when working collaboratively across functional areas
About Business Unit
- Experience with Service Component Architecture and Data Bindings.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with WebSphere Liberty
IBM is empowering organizations to reinvent themselves and change the way they run their business, by applying automation and analytics to achieve digital transformation and to scale their business operations to become more flexible and competitive. Incorporating a host of tools, from machine learning to robotic process automation, the integrated IBM® Automation Platform for Digital Business is designed to improve employee productivity and deliver better end-to-end customer journeys, while reducing the burden of governing your content and processes.
Join the Digital Business Automation team for the chance to develop innovative products, as well as your career, with one of the world's largest software-makers. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.