JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average,JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources,Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).CT teams are aligned with corporate partners' evolving technology needs and the firm's ever expanding technology controls agenda.
- A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm's regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm's Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles.
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
Responsibilities: - Work on a multi-year strategic initiative and deliver technical solutions that will support Incremental and regional processing, real time micrsoervices dealing with large volumes and critical business functionality.
- Follow SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc and focus on end to end quality of the delivery.
- Work collaboratively in a team with fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging business problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business aligned solutions.
Qualifications - Internal
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, information systems, math, business, or engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong business analysis skills
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Technical Skills (Must Have) - Java Springboot, Microservices, Jenkins, SQL
- Very good to have - Kubernetes, Any Cloud experience, Kafka, Cassandra, Oracle
- Others - Good Communciations and end to end design approach.
- Experience working with cloud, microservices, container technologies
- Experience with database technologies - Oracle/Cassandra/Teradata
- Familiar with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, LEAN, etc
- Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Git/Stash, etc
Nice to have:
- Experience in AWS / Azure / Kubernetes/Cloud FoundryJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.