1. A position of Junior Research Fellow is available in the Department of MSME, IIT Hyderabad to work on a DST-SERB sponsored project titled: “Tuning heterogeneous nanostructure via strain-partition engineering for developing cobalt-free cost-effective eutectic high entropy alloys with outstanding strength-ductility synergy”.
a. Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
2. Eligibility: The ideal candidate should be
a) GATE qualified with B.E./B.Tech. in Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineering having CPI more than 8.5 in 10-point scale OR
b) M.E./M.Tech. in Metallurgical/Materials/Mechanical (only Design or Manufacturing specializations) / Production Engineering
3. Candidates from other backgrounds/specializations will not be considered and need not apply.
a) Strong background in the areas of Physical/Mechanical Metallurgy will be highly desirable.
b) In addition, the ideal candidate should have proficiency in scientific writing
5. The selected candidate will be required to register in the PhD program in the department of Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering at IIT Hyderabad subjected to the fulfillment of the requirements for the PhD program
6. Salary (with relevant details): (Rs.31,000+HRA@24%)/month for first two years and (Rs.35,000+HRA@24%) per month (SRF) for the third year.
7. Duration: 3 years and extendable up to further two years (subjected to satisfactory performance) supported by IITH.
The upper age limit will be 28 years as on the day on which the application is made. The upper age limit can be relaxed in the case of candidates belonging to the scheduled castes/tribes/OBC and physically handicapped candidates in accordance with the existing Govt. of India norms.