1. Application for the post of a JRF/RA in a research project funded by the SERB, India
a. Post: Junior Research Fellow/ Research Associate Biological Sciences
2. Title: Development of a multiplexed Magnetic tweezer for single-molecule pulling of multiple beads simultaneously This project aims to design a software that may track multiple micron (typically 2-3 µM sized beads) in Z-direction at high-precision with fast image acquisition and data analysis. The work demands a substantial knowledge on programming in Python, C/C++ for image processing and data-acquisition, preferably also application of GPU programming.
3. We are an interdisciplinary research group who use single molecule techniques to understand biology quantitatively. To know more about our research interests, please visit our web-page.
4. Positions: One
5. Duration: One year and extendable up to 2 more years upon evaluation.
6. Emoluments (year wise): INR 31000/ 31000/ 35000+8%HRA
7. Essential Qualifications: The applicants should hold a 5 yr master degree in Physical/ Chemical/ Biological Sciences or 4 yr-engineering degree in any discipline. The candidate must have qualified GATE and or NET. A strong knowledge on C/C++, Python, image processing, data-acquisition and GPU programming is essential for the post. It is also essential that the candidates have strong interest in learning some of the state-of-the art single molecule techniques we routinely perform in lab using AFM and fluorescence microscope.