1) Assists COOK, KETTLE to cook food products, such as juices, meats, fruits, or preserves, preparatory to canning or preserving, performing any combination of following duties: Weighs or measures ingredients, such as sugar, salt, meat, lard, berries, or fruit, according to formula, using platform scale, weighing hopper, and measuring containers.
2) Transfers materials to cooking area by hand or handtruck.
3) Turns valves to admit steam to kettle-heating jacket, and dumps ingredients into kettle o precook or melt them.
4) Cleans cooking kettles and containers, using water and pressurized steam.
5) May stir contents of cooking kettle with paddle and skim off foam or foreign materials, using ladle or spoon.