The Global Markets KYC Initial Due Diligence Team exists to help protect the Firm from Regulatory and Reputational risk. The KYC Initial Due Diligence team is responsible for the reviews of Clients in accordance with Financial Crime and Anti Money Laundering procedures in adherence of standards set by the UK and US regulators.
The Team acts as a First Line of Defence for the Firm’s KYC Review process. The Team works closely with the Client Onboarding (COB) and the second line of defence Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) teams globally, aiming to move clients from “prospect” to “customer” in the shortest possible time and ensure a synchronized approach to servicing our clients. In addition, the team provides guidance and advice to COB around KYC requirements and financial crime issues and assist in ad-hoc / ongoing regulatory projects to improve quality of client static data on Credit Suisse internal databases. The team contributes to fast, efficient, streamlined and transparent on-boarding experience.
- Verify the identity of prospective new clients across the Investment Banking division;
- Perform timely and accurate KYC reviews in accordance with local regulatory and Credit Suisse policies and procedures;
- Ensure that Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media/Negative News screening has taken place using appropriate systems;
- You will ensure clients are correctly classified as prescribed by CS Policy and Regulatory expectations;
- Implement any necessary change in Client data during the onboarding process and assist on resolution of any matters arising from the KYC review;
- Ensure any additional due diligence checks that may be required for client dependent on the risk level
- Responsible for the management of resource allocation as well as the quality assurance of tasks carried out by GMCI KYCD teams, (where applicable).
- Provide monthly management statistics and ad hoc management reporting as required
- Identify and undertake projects to improve the process and application of GMCI KYCD procedures, as and when required, utilizing new technologies where possible
- Phenomenal interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- The ability to problem solve with minimal direct supervision
- Efficiency at multi-tasking
- Self-starter with motivation than willingness to work in both team and independent situations depending on current workload
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Previous KYC/Anti-Money Laundering Experience a plus
- Bachelor or Master degree in any stream from reputed University
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards