Lead– Market Access & Tender Business Operation
Career That Change Lives
In the backdrop of the increasing importance of Govt
. Payers in the Indian Healthcare system, this individual contributor position has recently been created in India Medtronic to ensure faster and wider access of innovative Medtronic therapy in key Govt
A Day in the Life
- Provide operational leadership towards ensuring access of Innovative Medtronic therapies in key central govt. payer accounts & tender system. Ensure a coordinated and prioritized approach through development of a national market access project plan.
- Ensure targeted Therapy inclusion and channel network development for Defence, Employee State Insurance, CGHS & prioritized autonomous institutions like AIIMS, PGI etc. & select North India states.
- Establish strong process in executing key government/non-government tenders and other supply/pricing contracts. Identify and work with appropriate segment specific business channel partners towards maintaining optimized route to market.
- Partner with Business Teams of operating units towards accelerated access of new launches in key govt tender and help removing administrative access barriers for existing therapies.
- Lead ethical engagement and relationship building activities with top level administrators / influencers of abovementioned central govt. payers.
- Complement therapy specific PPP projects by developing practical market access pathway.
- During annual strategic planning exercise, provide necessary inputs / advice to Business Units towards designing Govt. Tender Segment Business plan.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- During the first few months, the incumbent needs to learn and understand different therapy areas and their access potential in key Govt. accounts. Identify opportunities and threats for major accounts and new products. Work with business units to prioritize, develop and implement national strategies to obtain favorable access outcomes. Understands business strategies of all Business Units, and the importance of reimbursement for success.
- In parallel, along with the functional head and cross-functional business unit team members, the person needs to build a tender business project plan with indicative KPI / milestones for various phases. After roll-out, ensure executing planned actions as per milestones and periodic updation of project dashboard.
- Develop & sustain working relationships with senior administrators of target payer groups / tender accounts. Position and represent One Medtronic and its Business Units for Therapy Value Partnerships.
- In collaboration with operation / strategy team, build tender market intelligence system. Continually assess external access trends like new procurement policies, administration dynamics, funding pattern, tender pricing trends, PPP models etc. to anticipate potential challenges and opportunities.
- Engage and influence internal senior leadership regarding tender / reimbursed market changes, business opportunities & threats and present recommendations.
- Execute tactical steps to remove access barriers for our therapies at designated payer’s system. Escalate issues in a timely manner to secure support from other BUs/ functions.
- Work with functional head and appropriate team members and consultants in developing high level tender business strategy. Coach / Support other Market Access team members based in other regions of India .
- Coordinate all periodic Govt tender governance / council internal meetings and roll out resultant action points. Coordinate strategic reviews with Business Units and the reimbursement team.
- Oversee timely completion of key tender documentations / submissions, negotiations, analysis of results, resolution of queries.
- Provide resources and assistance to Business Units to assist in specific product / therapy market access projects. Support business unit marketers and sales managers develop business case and value cases for tender business. Foster and maintain effective working partnerships with other functions such as government affairs, regulatory, quality, clinical research, PR & communications, finance etc.,
- Observe all health and safety policies and procedures and take all reasonable care that actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others.
- Work within and actively promote Medtronic’s Mission, corporate strategies, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Comply with Medtronic’s Finance and Legal policies and procedures, respond to both Internal and External Audit enquiries in a timely manner, and ensure follow-up on Action Items to address Audit recommendations.
- Graduate/ Postgraduate qualifications
- 10-15 years’ total experience in Healthcare / Devices / Pharma
Nice to Have
- Proven experience in
- Managing Govt. tender process / therapy inclusion process in Central Govt. accounts like ESIC, CGHS, Defence, AIIMS etc.
- Experience in communicating with and influencing senior govt. healthcare KOLs / influencers / administrators
- Setting up / Executing end-to-end segment specific channel strategy
- Negotiating with government payors.
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills, ability to build strong network with both internal partners and identified external stakeholders
- MBA / Post-Graduation in Healthcare Management
- Project Management Certification / Six Sigma Certification
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.