3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description
- The person hired for the position of Lean Coordinator, will be responsible for implementation of the 3M Execution Manufacturing System at plant level. They will mentor, teach and coach the entire organization (shop floor to management) in the core Lean principles of the 3M Execution Manufacturing System.
- Drives problem solving through all levels of the site organizations to determine the best solutions for complex problems. Actively addresses complex problem solving thru in-depth interpretation and analysis for significantly different situations.
- Establishes and enforces Lean and OEE improvements throughout the sites. Delivers production at lowest cost consistent with established specifications. Ensures maximum efficiency and productivity through just-in-time concepts and/or other cost reduction methodologies.
- Implementation and continual positive reinforcement of Lean Management System, including: Production Status Boards, Daily Accountability Boards, Daily Accountability Process, Glass Walls, Tier Review Meetings, Standard Work for Leaders, Visual Controls and Layered Process Audits.
- Provide training and documentation support to assigned department. Train employees per Supervisor direction on various hands on training needs.
- Promote a team environment in achieving departmental objectives regarding safety, quality, and performance.
- Develop continuous improvement of Information Flow, Material Flow, and Work Productivity with-in the Plant. Assist in the reduction of all forms of waste.
- Develop and maintain continuous improvement of standard work. Assist Supervisors in maintaining a safe, clean, organized, and productive working environment. Develop individual productivity measures for areas as deemed by Supervision.
- 4-5 years of experience in the plant working on Lean projects