Compile records, sort and shelve books, and issue and receive library materials such as pictures, cards, slides and microfilm. Locate library materials for loan and replace material in shelving area, stacks, or files according to identification number and title. Register patrons to permit them to borrow books, periodicals, and other library materials.
Responsibilities and Duties
1) Lend and collect books, periodicals, videotapes, and other materials at circulation desks.
2) Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
3) Process new materials including books, audiovisual materials, and computer software.
4) Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
5) Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.