Linux Server Engineer
Graduate in any discipline with certifications preferred (Red Hat Linux Certified)
Strong knowledge of RAID, Logical Volume Management (LVM),and Linux Package management tools (rpm, yum, apt-get, etc).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences.
Willingness to learn new technologies. Good reporting skills. Proactive, flexible, and customer-focused.
Hands-on experience on Linux Administration / Troubleshooting / Security.
In-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system- CentOS, Debian
Control Panels: cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin
Web Services: Apache HTTPD, Litespeed, Nginx, and Apache Tomcat.
Mail server: Exim, Qmail, Postfix.
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL. Knowledge of MySQL clustering is an added advantage.
Basic knowledge of Shell scripting.
CloudLinux knowledge preferred.
Should have been a part of at least one 'from scratch ' installation project (monitoring - Nagios, setup LAMP server, MySQL clustering, VPN setup, and Backup configuration using sync).
Server virtualization: KVM, Xen, Vmware, OpenVZ
Strong in networking concepts and TCP/IP, its Linux commands.
File permission settings, Security hardening, Firewalls (IPtables, CSF, APF)
Knowledge in SSH hardening, FTP
Knowledge of DNS concepts and DNS clustering.
Real-time experience in handling server outages.More information about this Linux Server Engineer Job
Please go through the below FAQs to get all answers related to the given Linux Server Engineer job
- What are the job requirements to apply for this Linux Server Engineer job position?
- Ans: A candidate must have a minimum of fresher as an Linux Server Engineer
- What is the qualification for this job?
- Ans: The candidate can be a Graduate from any of the following: BE/B.Tech
- What is the hiring Process of this job?
- Ans: The hiring process all depends on the company. Normally for an entry level, hiring the candidate has to go for Aptitude, GD (If they look for communication),Technical test and face to face interviews.
- This Linux Server Engineer is a work from home job?
- Ans: No ,its not a Work from Home Job.
- How many job vacancies are opening for the Linux Server Engineer position?
- Ans: There are immediate 1 job openings for Linux Server Engineer in our Organisation.
- Who is eligible to apply for this Linux Server Engineer job?
- Ans: The mentioned job is open to both Male and Female candidates.