System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Linux Administrator, you are responsible for installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Linux Operating Systems.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
- Involved in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support UNIX-Linux Server
- Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
- Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
- Implement Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in IT Industry
- Mandatory Certification on RHCE & Red Hat Enterprise Linux® Diagnostics and Troubleshooting & Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical,Virtual, and Cloud
- Knowledge on Ansible or openshift, exposure to AWS or Azure (Preferably)
- Scripting Knowledge is must on any of Bash or Python or Perl
- Hands-on EMC PowerPath along with experience in SAN and NAS storage
- Ability to work independently with Vendor to resolve issues ( OS and Hardware)
Hands-on knowledge Oracle Disks ( ASM)
- Proficient in HP, IBM Servers and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Incident and Change Management
- Expertise in Linux Cluster configuration and troubleshooting
- Experienced to articulate standard Methodologies for during implementations
- Prior experience in creating SOPs and documentation and Server Hardening
- Solid experience in calculating Risk and solving vulnerabilities
About Business Unit
- Basic understanding of RCA and Problem Management
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.