At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Mainframe CICS System Programmer, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- As a Subject matter expert provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to CICS and related ISV products.
- Diagnose CICS system and related product issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and tests as scheduled.
- Primary on call support for CICS and associated ISV products.
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed.
- Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Mainframe CICS System programming.
- Proven experience in CICS System Administration environment with work management, user management, journal management and performance management.
- Experience in CICS transaction server, related ISV products.
- Capable of Upgrading/Installing and Migrating CICS Transaction servers.
- Capable of Upgrading /Installing and supporting IBM & ISV related Products Proficient in technologies like P2V, V2V and P2P migrations.
- Experience in EMC’s storage (VMAX and DLM) and Replication (SRDF) technologies.
- Proven experience on the CICS functionality and architecture.
- Validated expertise on third party tools like Robot/TATTOOL.
- Basic Knowledge on the following technologies: z/OS, Unix System Services, SMP/E, REXX, Java, VSAM, Third party products.
About Business Unit
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.