At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Mainframe DB2 System Programmer, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Plan, analyze and implement DB2 Disaster Recovery procedures, practices and jobs.
- Analyze and research options for collaborates with exiting external systems
- Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
- Develop and maintain an IBM DB2 for z/OS estate.
- Perform all functions which are actioned by a DB2 System Programmer such as: - DB2 Installation, Migration, and PTF Installation with SMP/E.
- IBM DB2 for z/OS Data Sharing (including Coupling Facility structure maintenance).
- Maintain the DB2 Catalog/Directory (Analysis, Backup, Recover, Reorg, etc).
- IBM DB2 for z/OS RSU maintenance rollouts (Shopz ordering, SMP/E processing etc) - IBM DB2 for z/OS version upgrades.
- DB2 attachments/interfaces such as DDF/DRDA, IBM DB2 Connect, CICS Attach, Call Attach, IBM DataStage.
- Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
- Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in DB2 System Programming environment with work management, user management, journal management and performance management
- Proven knowledge on tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of DB2 for z/OS Systems Programming.
- Proficient in all version upgrades.
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications