At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Mainframes Batch & Console Operations Specialist, you are responsible for monitoring scheduled batch jobs and related incidents to develop, resolve batch scheduling conflicts (non-application) and recommend changes to the scheduler database.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Handle production operating system resource availability, reboot devices
- Perform root cause analysis, resolution and / or critical issue for production systems.
- Monitoring various queues like Rdy, Act, Skel, ABEND and Late queue.
- Monitor scheduled batch jobs and batch cycles, resolving any non-application scheduling conflicts.
- Monitoring for SLA checklist and make sure of the SLA jobs completion within the given SLA time
- Performing Adhoc requests like Demanding, Canceling, Holding and JCL Override (proc override, parm override, executing the job from a different library).
- Issuing CICS related commands as per programmers request like closing files or open files in required CICS region.
- Alerts monitoring and Ticket Raising for outstanding messages and recycling various CICS/IMS/DB2 regions as per request by support team with SDM approval.
- Any storage drive or device issues are occurred will notify to storage team and will raise CE ticket and follow-up with CE for resolution status.
- Execute recovery procedures for production operating systems, devices and reply to control commands
- Monitor and execute production subsystem (e.g. IMS, CICS, DB2, IDMS) started tasks restarts
- Facilitate the SWAT/Service Recovery Team meeting
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in Mainframes batch and console operations
- Proficient in MVS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS and other Mainframe related Tools for Batch Environment
- Experience in scheduling on-request batch jobs that require immediate execution.
- Experience in working on console.
- Ability to invoke resolution and restart procedures in case of failures in the batch jobs
About Business Unit
- Working knowledge on Mainframes job operations tools such as CA7 / Control-M
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.