At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Mainframes Batch & Console Operations Specialist, you are responsible for monitoring scheduled batch jobs and related incidents.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. Responsibilities
- Handle production operating system resource availability, reboot devices.
- Monitor scheduled batch jobs and batch cycles, resolving any non-application scheduling conflicts.
- Alerts monitoring and Ticket Raising for outstanding messages and recycling various CICS/IMS/DB2 regions as per request by support team with SDM approval.
- Any storage drive or device issues are occurred will notify to storage team under the guidance.
- Monitor production subsystem.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 months experience in IT Technology domain
- Basic knowledge in Mainframes batch and console operations.
- Validated knowledge about MVS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS and other Mainframe related Tools for Batch Environment
- Experience in scheduling on-request batch jobs that require immediate execution.
- Ability to invoke resolution and restart procedures in case of failures in the batch jobs
About Business Unit
- Working knowledge on Mainframes operations tools such as CA7 / Control-M
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.