Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America. Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve. Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.Product Owner Duties
- Lead in creation of technical and functional specifications, user stories, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering teams. Create and communicate requirements artifacts that translate business needs into executable stories.
- Aid in and conduct user acceptance testing of the delivered User Stories
- Collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making ensuring we are leveraging feature/functionalities made available by Microsoft. An example may be using a PowerApp to construct additional functionality versus creating a .NET native application.
- Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Prioritize and refine backlog based on Product Roadmap
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Provides demo back to the Product Management team at the end of each sprint, ensuring the sprint met expectations.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development practices (especially Scrum),methodologies and tools
- Strong understanding of the different backgrounds, responsibilities and expectations of team. Ability to use that understanding to share information appropriately and with the correct people.
- Collaborating with other product owners in managing dependencies, working in a SCALE agile (SAFe)manner
- Review QA Test strategy and test cases to ensure they align to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Interface with documentation writers when needed
- Expand expertise within the product and industry.
- Attend training sessions offered and use self-study tools; assist with peer training as needed.
- Contribute to a customer-focused environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on resolving customer and internal hurdles as quickly and effectively as possible.
Mentoring & Training
- Ensure that all internal and external interactions are handled professionally and with the highest level of service, follow-through and consistently keep commitments.
- Ensure a professional communication manner at all times.
- Take ownership of all issues, maintain constant communication with customers and management and work until issues are resolved.
- Act as a coach and mentor for more junior personnel.
- Recommend and develop training sessions for knowledge sharing within the team.
- Recommend improvements in Product Management policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.