1. Setting the sales and business development targets for each PSU oil marketing company in consultation with reporting superior and responsible & accountable for achieving the same.
2. Create and maintain a healthy relationship with the decision makers and influencers at all levels of customer organisations especially in PSU oil marketing companies like BPCL, HPCL and IOCL by continual meetings and other forms of customer engagements in order to create additional business opportunities and revenues.
3. Independently manage the entire sales cycle from generating/responding to enquiries, putting in a favourable technical specification, tender bid, handling technical and commercial queries, delivery of products and up to payment collection.
4. Co-ordinate activities for the tenders floated by PSU oil marketing companies ensuring timely bid submission, compile quotes and prepare price comparison of all bidders in the tenders to accurately measure the business realisation.
5. Collect customer’s requirements, feedback etc. and convey them internally in a timely and accurate manner, follow up internally to ensure actions are taken accordingly
6. Create customer presentations, proposals and other reports as necessary
7. Generate new business by introducing new products to meet customer requirements.
8. Gather market intelligence such as competition activities, new products and technologies offered by competition, marketing strategies, pricing etc., validate and qualify them and convey it internally
9. Prepare sales strategies considering the market intelligence in consultation with internal departments and implement them to ensure business in both short term and long term.
10. Manage the filing system of all related documents such as, all tender documents, proposals, correspondence, both in hard copy and soft copy for smooth data retrieval as and when required.
11. Maintaining necessary paperwork, documentation, sales proposals, customer correspondence, up-to-date customer data, brochures and other materials related to marketing.
12. Forecast quarterly and yearly sales and keep a track of the same consistently.
13. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reports on activities and Key Performance Indicators are maintained.
14. Coordinate internally with all departments to drive the business and the sales process.
15. Understand and negotiate contractual terms with customers, trade partners etc. as necessary.
16. Maintain continuity and up-to-date knowledge of products, technologies, relevant statutory norms, regulations, industry best practices, standards and trends etc. which may affect the business in short term or long term.