Chennai, INManufacturing Engineer
Oversees production supervisors in different segments of plant operations. Plans and organizes work, checks procedures and equipment to ensure conformance to standard operation procedures. Responsible for ensuring that established quality, safety, and productivity goals are met.Scope
Requires limited supervision. Supervises under general guidanceEducation
BE, or equivalent experience.Age And Experience
Should have about consistent 4-8 years of experience. Preference will be given to the candidate from the automotive industry Exposure to knowledge of ERP is desirableJob Specific
- Allocate manpower accordingly.
- Identify the resources needed.
- To ensure the material availability through stores & purchase.
- Plan production schedules for various sub activities.
- Ensure capacity utilization for the scheduled time.
- To work to achieve FTT, DPPM & 3C,5S goals/targets.
- Motivate, train & guide the workforce.
- Training to operators & contract workers.
- Define the targets per operator & motivate them to achieve the same.
- Generate the awareness of the non-conformities of the product & process amongst the operators.
- Actively participate in SSE/Continuous improvement activities.
- To maintain healthy atmosphere on the shop floor.
- Inculcate a culture of discipline amongst the work force.
- To maintain discipline on the shop floor.
- Maintain high order of 3C,5S on shop floor.
- Adhere to the systems and procedures laid down (this includes-code of conduct, quality procedures, system related procedures)
- To ensure consumption/use of material as per BOM.
- To generate & release material requisition to stores based on the production plan.
- To maintain proper records of all rejections (line rejection, customer rejection)
- To book all the products produced in the QAD
- To fulfill TS 16949/ ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS 18001requirement for production department.
- To ensure the quality of production through first piece inspection and confirm quality before production starts.
- To ensure rejection for process and vendor and get approval from Quality head before scrapping in system and physically and salvage for OK material in rejected frames.
- To ensure DPPM, CPK within the specified limits.
- Follow up with inter functions like planning, quality, store, dispatch, purchase, engineering, maintenance for related issues.
- D-3 rejection & rework monitoring and system entries.
- To plan for the shortfall at the end of shift due to shortages of material.
- To generate, approved and submit to HR overtime records on daily basis.
- To give the requirements of consumables to purchase.
- Implementation of EHS policy, procedure and ensure the safety PPEs etc