Designation: Mechanical Design Engineer
Qualifications:- B-Tech mechanical engineering or equivalent, good to have M-Tech in Machine design or master in equivalent.
Working Hours: 9 AM to 6 PM
- Responsible to coordinate with all departments like Quality, Assembly, Safety, Usability, Reliability, Test Lab, maintenance team, process planners, and production team to launch the working product successfully in the market on time, on cost & on quality.
- Need to involve in the selection of different types of mechanical components like bearings, linear guides ways etc based on engineering calculations.
- 3D Modelling using any software (Solid works recommended).
- Need to perform static structural analysis and optimization of the product using any software (Ansys recommended).
- Member of a Product Engineering Team within the Mechanical Design Group who is assigned activities to design and develop Commercial Vehicle Steering components and assemblies, with an emphasis on the EPS product line.
- Design and development of the mechanical hardware including innovation, concept, design and production release activities for new customer applications
- Need to involve in rigid body dynamic analysis of special-purpose robots and optimization of product in all aspects using any software (Ansys recommended).
- Create mechanical solutions for customer applications, new steering system requirements, and sub-system functions.
- Manage the creation and collaboration of 3D CAD models and engineering drawings to describe the product to manufacturing, quality, and purchasing.
- Develop test specifications, and product validation plans, enter test requests, coordinate completion of testing, write engineering reports and communicate results to the organization.
- Perform Engineering calculations as required to ensure a robust product design.
- Responsible to study failure modes and mitigating them using DFMEA, and mitigating technical risks using Risk Management.
- Knowledge in product designing considering DFA and DFM.
- Develop, revise, and maintain Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (DFMEA) including the selection of Classification of Characteristics.
- Responsible to design the system for safety, reliability, usability, modularity & tolerance variations.
- Preparation of BOM of the product.
- Need to use GD&T techniques for dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Selection of materials and specifications of components based on theoretical verifications.
- Need to develop testing procedures and criteria for verification of the design.
- Product design is creating and evaluating new products in terms of customer requirements and functionality.
- Proficiency in mechanical engineering tools
- Sound knowledge of design and engineering principles and best practices.
- Knowledge in doing DFMEA.
- Knowledge in material selection and its processing.
- 3D Modelling.
- Proficiency with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Rhino.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Product design.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Sheet metal design.
- Static and Dynamic Analysis.
- Knowledge in GD&T.
- Knowledge of different manufacturing processes.
- Structural design.