Company Location: Gurugram
Job Location: Gurugram
WORK FROM OFFICE
The MongoDB Database DBA/developer will work closely with the development teams to implement
new features and enhancements on a new application as well as maintenance and support of existing
applications in production. The person hired for this role should have strong experience developing
against a MongoDB database. This experience should include a deep understanding of proper queries
for NoSQL databases, experience with sharding using MongoDB, and practical hands on experience
tuning database collections and shards to achieve top performance.
You must be passionate about working in a hyper growth environment.
● Assist developers in detecting performance problems using MMS and Mongo Profiler.
● Comprehend and translate business requirements into technical specifications and build
elegant, efficient, and scalable solutions based on specifications
● Implement appropriate indexes (B-Tree, Geospatial, Text) for performance improvement
● Experience with database scaling including logical and physical partitioning & high availability.
● Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
● Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
● Should have experience in health monitoring and troubleshooting of database servers
● Exposure to logical schema design and physical storage design problems
● Experience in Creating and maintaining MongoDB clusters.
● Experience in deploying replica sets (with and without arbiter).
● Good understanding of storage engines (MMAPV1 and Wired Tiger).
● Good exposure to CRUD, JSON and aggregation framework.
● Creating and managing users and roles.
● Monitor and tune performance of MongoDB databases.
● Proactive monitoring of production DBs and resolution of system generated alerts
● Proactive health checking and maintenance of the DBs including index generation, partitioning,
backup updating statistics and performance analysis.
● DB integrity checks including indexes, data integrity, disk/storage integrity
● Reporting and analysis, including extracting data from multiple sources and identifying and
● Database patching and upgrades
Desired Skills & Qualifications
● Graduation required: B.E/B. tech or MCA or diploma in IT/Computer Science. ● Between 4 to 7 years of experience as a Mongo Developer/ DBA
● Expertise in MongoDB database management.
● Proficiency in writing scripts, database scaling and capacity planning.
● System administration skills in Linux [preferable].
● Certification in Databases like RDMS, MongoDB is an advantage.
● Knowledge of Elastic search, Redis is an advantage.
● Good knowledge of shell scripting.
● Troubleshooting skills and an ability to determine the root cause of an issue quickly
● A willingness to learn and take on new challenges, and a desire for continuous personal and