At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs MySQL Administrator, you are responsible for Data base Management administration, utilize scripting to implement DB related scripts/jobs. You are proficient to manage different roles and privileges available to be granted to the users.Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Administration Tools of Database Server – MySQL workbench etc.,
- Design and deploy new database servers according to the client requirements
- Know-how of Net Architecture and experience in implementing advanced concepts like Clusters/different replication technologies.
- Identify performance bottlenecks arising out of network issues.
- Command on all versions mysql Servers. Good understanding of various patch level compatibilities with database releases
- Utilize scripting to implement DB related scripts/jobs. Design and implement security and auditing standards for large databases.
- Design and implement various backup and recovery strategies on heterogeneous environments. Recovery of database with no or minimal data loss
- Independently tune databases to extract best performance including memory, MySQL server level and object level
- Analyse the databases and rectify bottlenecks efficiently with a minimum downtime.
- Enterprise Management and High Availability Troubleshoot Replication Performance issues and Clustering Performance issues
- Manage HA and ensure that there is adequate IT capacity to meet required levels of service, ensure that senior IT management is correctly advised on how to match capacity is optimizeda
- Analysis of usage and performance data, and reporting on performance against targets contained in Service Level Agreements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years of experience on MySQL Administration
- Expertise to support L2 and L3 Level activities.
- Knowledge on AWS or any other cloud technologies
- Proficient to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well.
- Ability to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals
About Business Unit
- Comfortable to work in any shifts
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.