Network Engineer IIJob Description
Network Engineer II
What You’ll Be Doing
Arrow Electronics has openings for GNOC professionals who have the technical skills to monitor & support a large-scale Network environment. Ideal candidates should exhibit a broad-based technology background, possess excellent troubleshooting skills and be creative innovators with a proven track record of engineering, trouble-shooting and reporting skills.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent at Routing & Switching.
- Managing & updating the monitoring tools like SolarWinds.
- Managing and ensuring the Configuration backups of all the network equipment in the company.
- Observing the team’s response to the issues reported and prompt follow up for the remediation by trouble-shooting and/or escalations.
- Ensure prompt & timely reporting to the Stake holders, Global ServiceDesk & the higher management.
- Provide technical, administrative and configuration support for the Cisco, HP and Palo Alto.
- KT & training the other GNOC Engineers to upgrade team’s troubleshooting skills and avoid escalations.
- Ensuring high network availability at all of the Arrow offices by prompt and proactive remediation and by regular branch backup testing.
- Ensuring the internal SLAs are strictly maintained by the team.
What’s In It For You
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 – 10 years related business experience in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Should have minimum 7 years of experience working as Network/NOC Engineer and experience in Routing & Switching, BGP & MPLS setup, SNMP & Netflow based Network Monitoring tools like SolarWinds and ticketing tool like ServiceNow.
- Should have minimum of 7 years of experience in Cisco Routers & Switches like Cisco Nexus, Cisco ISR4000 Series, Cisco SF300, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in routers & switches from HP & Juniper.
- Should have at least 3 years of exposure to the firewalls like Palo Alto, etc. is required.
- Excellent on IP routing protocols and OSI Model a must.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in troubleshooting IP networks using tools like WireShark, etc.
- Excellent on DNS & DHCP Services a must.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills a must.
- Minimum two years of experience of working on at least one NOC monitoring tool.
- Excellent Incident & Change Management using some ticketing tool like CA ServiceDesk.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in liaising with Global Service Providers, Vendors & customers.
- Three years of experience on SolarWinds.
- Familiarity with Nagios, New Relic, VictorOps, sumologic
- Akamai knowledge
- Understanding of storage and SAN technologies
- Working in shifts in 24x7.
- To keep the ticketing queues clean.
- To keep the Documentation up to date.
- Leadership qualities.
- Training and professional development
- Platforms like Cisco, HP & Aruba, Palo Alto, F5, Riverbed, etc.
- Performance coaching
- Work with fun team in a supportive environment
- Work at a strong and growing company
- Community involvement opportunities