Network Engineer - NOCDate
Business Line / Function:
Manager – ITG NOCGrade
Number Of Direct Reports
Directorship / Registration:
The main activities of the Network engineer- NOC
is to deliver remote network management services across different domains of network, voice and Security. The network services would mainly include support on WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi and MPLS technologies. Voice services includes support on IP telephony and video conferencing. Security services would mainly include support on firewall, Proxies,IPAM, Load Balancers, NAC and DDOS.
The candidate will assist the team ensuring effective service management to meet service-level agreements and control costs.Responsibilities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- NOC experience, must be ready to work in 24*7 environment
- CCNA training expected, certification is desirable.
- Technical knowledge on MPLS, Routing and switching protocols (BGP,OSPF,EIGRP,ISIS etc) Experience with CA SPECTRUM, CAPC, Infoblox Net-MRI, Service NOW is desirable,
- Conceptual knowledge of Proxy, firewall, load balancers, DNS,DHCP
- Be a technical single point of contact and attend customer calls. A focal point for technical escalations.
- Coordinates root cause analysis for all day-to-day technical issues in client environments and establish recovery and prevention processes.
- Coordinates with onshore teams; interface with customers, vendors and partners for issue resolution.
- Assists the Team Leads/Delivery Manager in maintaining SLA adherence.
- Defines, implements and enforces standards and understands exception handling.
- Proposes solution alternatives, provide impact analysis for any technical changes.
Specific Qualifications (if Required)
- Minimum 16 years of education required
- 2 to 6 years of work experience required, minimum 2 years of relevant work experience required
- Basic skills in implementation and administration of MPLS,Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks and network security (VLANs, VPNs) and Network Products - Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Proxies, Load Balancers, Voice Gateways, Unified Communication Devices; strong knowledge of static/dynamic routing protocols(EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/ISIS),transports (Internet/MPLS/VPLS) is expected.
- Experience with one or more of CA SPECTRUM, E-health, CAPC, Infoblox Net-MRI, Service NOW,CA Spectrum,
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Firewalls (Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc.) and Proxies (MacAfee, etc.).
- Trouble shooting skills to identify faults and ensure timely repairs.
- Experience in administration and troubleshooting of IPAM systems – DNS/DHCP/NTP (Infoblox)
- Deep expertise in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of various types network devices from vendors such as Cisco/Juniper/Nortel, WAN Links using IPSec tunnels and MPLS transport; dynamic and static routing and high availability protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP)
- Experience in network security, load balancers and Unified Communications Devices (voice/Datacom/wireless)
- Skills in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of local area and wide area networks using Cisco hardware, leased lines / IPsec VPNs and MPLS.
- B.E or Equivalent
- CCNA (Routing & Switching)
- Checkpoint Security Administration or Fortinet Network Security Technology/Solutions
- Infoblox Administration
- ITIL V3 Foundation desirable
: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to deliver / Results drivenTransversal Skills:
(Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and adapt a processEducation Level
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 yearsOther/Specific Qualifications (if Required)
- Ability to engage customers independently for ongoing incidents; high level of ownership and initiative needed; needs to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Work in rotational shifts in 24x7x365 environment.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Should be able to articulate technical concepts in documentation.
Standard / PermanentJob
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYEducation Level
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level
At least 2 yearsSchedule