VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT NO. 44
Network Engineer/ Junior Engineer
Network Engineer (01)
Qualification: B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science
Engineering/Information Technology/Electronics & Communication
Engineering with minimum 55% marks, or with CGPA of 6 or above
in 10-point scale from a recognized University.
Experience: 2-5 years of work experience in networking in the
educational Institutions or any Company
Three years Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking from a
recognized institute with a minimum 10 years relevant experience
in networking. Candidate must possess sound knowledge of
switching, routing, network security IP surveillance, cable plant and
Job Profile: Assist OIC Digital Informatics Centre (DISC) in managing
information technology and computer systems:
1. Firewall: Ensure that firewall is working in case of any
issue, raise tickets with the vendor by keeping Professor Incharge, DISC and OIC DISC in a loop and monitor till the
problem is resolved.
2. Ensure that Two Internet Service Provider (ISP) lines i.e.
NKN and Power Grid Corporation of India is up and active.
3. Coordinate with NKN regarding any troubleshooting. In
case of any failure in NKN line, all users to be informed and
ensure that secondary line i.e. Power Grid Corporation of
India (155 mbps) is active.
4. Troubleshooting of end user’s
internet/desktop/printer/laptop problems in the campus
(hostels, Office and residential area).
5. Monthly internet usage reports. Maintain a log of
downtime of NKN and Power Grid Corporation of India ISP
6. Registration of user devices, Maintenance of DNS, DHCP,
LDAP and file servers.
7. Maintenance of UPS system and necessary liaisoning with
the electrical department.
8. Any other work assigned to him by PIC DISC and
Age Limit: Below 35 years "
Qualification: Degree in Engineering in the relevant field with
minimum 55% marks.
Experience: At least three years’ field experience (preferably in
Preferable: Experience in Planning, Execution and Maintenance
Mechanical/Civil Engineering works in reputed organization/Govt.