We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM IndiaIBM's Purpose is to beessential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness,teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever. We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for buildinganinclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM. Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry. Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.Comejoinourteam of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.A day in the role...If you thrive in a dynamic,collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where youwillbe challenged and inspired everysingleday. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. Youwillbe working as Network Specialist.
- The purpose of this role is to provide technical support in order to ensure a high degree of Customer Happiness through SLA & Process Compliance.
- You will Perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
How we’ll help you grow:
Managing Vendor and Customer Relationship
- Prioritize major incidents based on business impact to the client.
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
- Set up a medium to large extent office, support data center services, remote servers, and set up remote site by configuring needed infrastructure and TCP/IP networks with security.
- Security Deployment & Assessment by configuring System policies, Routers, Firewall, proxy & Network Policies and Antivirus Solutions.
Enforce ‘drop dead’ time to prevent outage outside of change window.Proven working relationships with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas as required.
- Windows OS/Linux, Cisco systems & security, and TCP/IP networking concepts apply.
- Configuration and maintenance of server and network hardware and peripherals.
- Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Providing updates / communication to senior management on the status of Networking support related incidents.
- Participate in daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
- Provide assistance with identifying problem management trends.
- 6+ years of experience in Network administration environment.
- Evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions.
- Guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance.
- Proven knowledge and experience in Cloud, Virtualization & Network Security.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Sound knowledge and experience on root cause analysis and define corrective measures.
- Sound knowledge of Virtualization environment.
- Should have experience of migration of servers.
- Should possess good automation skills
About Business Unit
- Working experience in highavailability environment
- Alignment to process (ITIL).
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.