Job Description & Requirements
We are looking for a knowledgeable Network Support Engineer
to work under the general supervision of a Network Supervisor. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Help Desk operates as a highly professional service. We are looking for a candidate with good technical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures and maintain a high level of customer service while supporting the team and collaborating to service improvements.A Summary Of Daily Tasks Can Include
- Be the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Ensure that requests from users are properly triaged, logged, assigned, and responded to in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with the clients on the status of their requests
- Identify network issues related to end user problems and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Must have experience in Phone, voicemail, video, audio-conference, and recording management system administration
- Manage hardware deployments (Racking, Stacking, Cabling and Labeling)
- Troubleshooting basic hardware and software problems for various desktops, laptops, printers, and network devices in a mixed platform of various operating systems. (Windows, Mac and Unix)
- Must have demonstrated hands on experience with administration of Network Switches, access points and routers
- Inventory and asset management of networking devices
- Collaborate with and train junior members of the team as backup to this role
Your Skills And Abilities
- A minimum of CCNA, CCNA Voice or CCNP Voice
- Working experience with network level troubleshooting/understanding of network switching (L1-L7)
- 3-7 years system administration knowledge of Microsoft and Linux environments
- 3-7 years Ticketing system tools experience (Such as ServiceNow, Jira, Remedy but not limited to)
- 3 years or more recent and significant experience working in a Help Desk, first level support environment.
- Demonstrate mature interpersonal and communication skills and behaviors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model.
- Create, manage and oversee telecoms and hardware troubleshooting tickets..
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs for hardware installation
- Requires the disposition and ability to adapt to ongoing changes and the adoption of new technologies in a rapidly evolving IT environment.
- Familiarity with service management frameworks strongly desired. ITIL Certification or similar, a plus.
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKRĂ˘ÂÂs premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info