Helps design, document, build, deploy and support complex compute solutions in support of enterprise application development and production teams.
Identifies and recommends configuration improvements, process improvements, automation opportunities, and upcoming technologies.
Provides next level of support, training and mentors for administration team members.
Configures disaster recovery software for local and global DR scenarios.
Collaborates with other teams to resolve technical problems.
Works with manager to resolve client issues.
Helps configure and migrate clients to public cloud services.
Plans, schedules and installs system upgrades and patches.
Adheres to and complies with company change management processes.
Supports manager in streamlining processes for enterprise level service delivery.
Integration of new technologies to improve service offerings and better support the business.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with unified computing solutions (Cisco UCS) is a plus
- Experience supporting VMWare clusters, experience creating VMWare clusters is a plus
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting backup solutions, TSM is a plus
- Experience with storage platforms, including SAN and NAS
- Experience with VDI/Citrix is a plus
- Experience with agile development is a plusJob description:
- Knowledge:Two or more years of knowledge in development or support of Linux Server, Virtualization and SAN in an enterprise environment
- Skills:Excellent troubleshooting skillsScripting to aid in development or support of Linux, Virtualization and SAN is a plus
- Abilities:Able to successfully work as a valued member of a team of engineersAble to work with global teams and global team membersAble to set and achieve annual goalsAble interface professionally within team, across teams and with IT customersAble to maintain composure in difficult situations
- Additional qualities:Desire to focus on and please the customer, ability to understand requests from the customer’s point of view
Commitment to high professional and ethical standards in a diverse workplace
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.