The NoSQL Database Admin will be responsible for supporting and managing the enterprise-wide ElasticSearch, Cassandra / ScyllaDB, Kafka / Pulsar, NSQ, Redis, and other niche no-sql databases in production, development, and test environments. This role is part of the SRE & Devops function that works on the installation, configuration, and upgrade of all flavors of databases and related products.
You need to be a self-starter with a can do attitude. You will be given enormous freedom and responsibilities at work. In return we expect high performance, initiative and creativity. That means you don't wait to be told what to do but you are always thinking of ways to improve the work at Blueshift and yourself.
You will also work closely with the development team on database design and implementation projects. You will maintain backup and DR plans, implement and maintain database security, and perform capacity planning. You will work with vendors to determine upgrade paths and will maintain documentation and standards for DBA tasks. You will evaluate new database features and make recommendations accordingly.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of NoSQL databases on the cloud in a growing and dynamic environment.
- Performance tuning and analysis of queries under different engines and recommending the appropriate engine for a variety of applications.
- Monitoring database statistics and other application specific parameters to maintain performance of the system.
- Analyzing the current environment, crafting and implementing a robust HA solution for the needs of an ever expanding business environment.
- Capacity planning.
- Developing and tuning database environments to ensure that performance and service delivery expectations are met.
- Participating in the resolution of critical and complex design and implementation issues across the product.
- Writing scripts and/or Infrastructure-as-code to automate jobs.
Perks And Benefits
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as a no-sql database administrator.
- Experience of working on cloud based products with short release cycles will be a big advantage.
- Programming knowledge of scripting languages like Shell/Python/Ruby will be a plus.
- Experience with micro-services or container services like Docker, AWS ECS, etc. is a plus.
- Curiosity and passion to work on new technologies and to create innovative approaches.
- Independence and drive to get things done without the need for close supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related fields.
- Opportunity to be part of the early team in India
- Competitive salary along with stock option grants
- Excellent hospitalisation, personal accident, and term insurance coverage
- Located in a top-notch facility in Baner - one of the best neighbourhoods for tech startups
- Daily catered breakfast, lunch, and snacks along with well-stocked pantry