Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesOrchestration team belong to Orchestration tribe under GTS Infrastructure Foundational Services organization. Our goal is to design, develop and deliver automated, secure and compliant managed/unmanaged environment for clients based on different offering in the hybrid multi-cloud platforms, including Cloud on cloud, IBM Cloud, OCI, AWS, GCI, Microsoft Azure, etc. As Developer, you are responsible for:
We love to help, we love to learn, automate, and create. We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and self-motivated candidate to work with our global development team.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Provisioning automation from client on-boarding, network automation and compute build automation for different environment thru centralized service.
- Make sure the builds delivered as per design and offering standard and registered with corresponding managed tools, CMDB, etc with no manual intervention.
- Expected to provide solutions for cloud / virtualization-based network and compute automation workflow.
- Demonstrate expertise on Redhat based tools like Openshift, Ansible, kubernetes and other cloud based automation tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT Industry, with minimum 3 years relevant experience in application development
- Proficient in programming languages like Java and GO
- Expertise in popular virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Openstack, Power, NSX) and micro services architecture
- Solid understanding build automation frameworks - Bash, PowerShell, Chef, Ansible
- Hands-on experience on API development and integration, Container environment like Kue
- Exposure to Hybrid cloud environment and ability to work with SQL and no-sql Dbs – mysql, mongo, etc.
- Proven experience in Redhat tools like Openshift, Ansible, kubernetes
Any Degree, BE/B.Tech or MCA from a reputed institute. About Business Unit
- Proven scripting and API development skills and valid knowledge in Security concepts (CIS, ITCS104, PCI, Nessus)
- Experience in cloud infrastructure automation tools (Terraform) and knowledge in container platforms (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.