The Trade Validation team is responsible for the validation of the existence and accuracy of OTC&FX trades booked in front office systems. The team monitors trade validation controls and metrics indicative of trade validation risk and act as an independent Second Line of Defense, providing a consolidated view to Front Office and Senior Management on which trades have yet to be recognized by the counterparty (Unauthorised Trading Risk) or where there are material economic disputes (Operational Risk).
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firmâs D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.The function entails, but not limited to
- Preparation and Execution of OTC&FX Paper Trade Confirmation
- Risk Mitigation / Trade Affirmation
- Electronic Trade Confirmation
- Updated on changes to the regulatory landscape and the expected impact to current Trade Validation BAU.
- Represents CS at relative industry forums, inspiring change within the Industry.
- Seek to manage the change agenda to enhance controls, improve straight through processing, client experience and adherence to regulatory targets and industry benchmarks.
- Oversight of vendor team to ensure quality delivery of Key Performance Indicators, KRIs and timely reporting and resolution of queries.
- An outstanding opportunity to manage a highly complex and critical function supporting EMEA / AMER region that runs the risk of financial, regulatory and client impact if not run efficiently and effectively
- An environment that keeps you on your toes and one that never offers a dull moment
- Multiple opportunities to learn and grow
- Outstanding opportunity to test multiple skills and seek to bring the best out of you
- Culture, which cultivates transparency and one, that encourages being challenged and offers support to excel
- Coordinating with key business partners including Front Office, Client and Vendors directly
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Proficient in ISDA Documentation Structure
- Product knowledge and experience is on Equity Derivatives, specifically in relation to preparing OTC Derivative trade confirmations manually, based on term sheet and booking alone.
- Similar knowledge on Interest Rate Derivatives, , Credit Derivatives and FX is an advantage Proficient in front to back Trade Validation process and its relevance in the trade life cycle along with its upstream and downstream dependencies, impact and operational risks
- Experience of independently working along this Front to Back Process including Legal, Front Office and/or Clients
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field preferable a CA or CFA or CPA degree
- Approximately 8-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in Operations Project Management Experience is desirable
- Innovation approach with a successful past in terms of automating manual functions
- High level of integrity and dedication to working in a changing and challenging environment
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards