As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesRoles and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- The selected candidate will design, develop, configure, test and maintain SAP BW/BOBJ software solutions based on customer requirements, using development standards and software development lifecycle process. Daily tasks may include requirements analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and 24/7 Support. This role will involve data management and integration, report development and analytics in both relational (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) environments
- Interact with business to gather requirements, prioritize work, develop enhancements to the existing system, coordinate testing, and perform change management/training for BW/BI reporting and applications. Design comprehensive BI solutions, translating complex requirements into an optimal BI design. Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issues
- Build and Enhance BI/BW objects such as InfoObjects, Transformations, DTPs, InfoProviders (DSOs, InfoCubes, and Multiproviders) and Process Chains. Monitor BI loads, communicate and troubleshoot issues with data integrity/data design plus troubleshoot functional and technical software issues. Perform routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
- Create BEx queries, workbooks, key figures and variables. Develop ABAP code including user exits, function modules and start/end/expert routines
- Build Business Objects reports using Analysis Edition for MS (Analysis/MS),Analysis Edition for OLAP (Analysis/OLAP),Crystal for Enterprise, Web Intelligence (Webi) and Design Studio with BW data and non-SAP data.
- Create Business Objects Universe as the data source with SAP and non-SAP data using Information design tool and develop reports based on Universe Data source.
- Support the training of BI Power Users. This includes BEx queries, Webi, Analysis/OLAP, Analysis/MS and dashboards developed with Design Studio
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- overall experience on 5+ years of work experience in SAP Analytical products, e.g. BW, BO, Hana
- 3+ years of experience on Design Studio/Lumira 2.1
- Consulting / development / deployment experience in SAP BO (BI 4.0 and above) tools - Lumira 2.1 (Designer and Discovery),Design Studio
- Experience in working with SAP BI Platform 4.0 and above
- Experience in SAP BW developments (Query design, Data modelling)
- Good core consulting skills, Oral and written communication, organization and planning
- Experience in implementing KPIs on SAP BO tools
- Experience in promoting BO development objects from Dev to Prod
- Experience in implementing authorization profiles in SAP BO tools
About Business Unit
- Proven work experience in BODS would be an added advantage.
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.