As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. Our IBM Cloud Deployment Services team is seeking a seasoned Automation Engineer as you will be leading, designing/architecting as well as ground level execution (development and delivery) in various cloud solutions and services contexts (with emphasis on orchestration, automation and integration).Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in IT domain
- Working knowledge of Automation of business processes and software deployment/configuration through a variety of frameworks, development languages and tools (primarily CHEF, ruby, python, java script, but Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and their associated DSLs/programming languages can be considered)
- Ability to contribute and provide input and/or direction for the overall development processes and development operations (DevOps),throughout system/software development lifecycle
- Experience in design, development and implementation of the automation and services developed in various cloud platforms (primarily VMware, but not bound to) and service models
- Knowledge and experience with Heat Templates, Terraform would be a plus
- Sysadmin background (with both implementation and support experience in terms of infrastructure, servers, OSes, middleware and databases)
About Business Unit
- Experience on at least any one of these tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt Stack.
- Automation Development - Any kind of automation development in SDLC to bring effectiveness. Preferably using Ruby, Python
- Working knowledge of software repositories like github or bitbucket
- Hands-on knowledge on OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, SoftLayer etc., will be further helpful
- Solid understanding of Linux shell scripting/ Windows PowerShell scripting
- Proficient with various cloud service and deployment models (ie: IaaS, PaaS, XaaS, on-premise, off-premise, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in large teams with geography spread
- Ability to lead small teams technically
- Client facing experience and skills
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.