Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.
Snowflake is looking to hire a Payroll Accountant to be a part of its world class Accounting and Finance Organization. The position requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You are versatile, analytical, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator and collaborator. To be successful in this role you should have a clear understanding of how to record compensation and benefit related expenses in a timely and accurate manner. Using your solid accounting knowledge of payroll transactions, you will ensure that accounts related to compensation and benefits are properly stated on financial statements in accordance with US GAAP. The primary duties of this position are preparing and uploading journal entries to record payroll cost and related liabilities of all the Snowflake entities. This position will also be responsible for preparing the Balance Sheet reconciliations. The position requires close coordination with different stakeholders in the Company to timely resolve open items within the Balance Sheet reconciliations. You should develop a clear understanding of the close calendar of the Company and ensure compliance. This position will also be required to maintain effective internal controls and ensure accounting activities are US GAAP compliant. Additionally, there will be ad-hoc projects to help streamline and update the processes and reporting. A working knowledge of a global ERP system is greatly beneficial.Responsibilities
- Read, understand and comply with the accounting policies and procedures followed by the Company.
- Prepare and upload manual journal entries including but not limited to recording:
- Payroll cost for the period
- Re-class entries as required
- Intercompany entries relating to the area of payroll
- Balance Sheet entries to record liabilities related to payroll
- Payroll accrual entries as required
- Take ownership for preparing Balance Sheet Reconciliations in accordance with internal guidelines and corporate deadlines. Work closely with the regional payroll teams and other relevant stakeholders to track open items in the Balance Sheet Accounts in order to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Deep dive and explain significant movements in account balances by way of a commentary (Balance sheet Flux).
- Work with cross functional teams to identify problems and process gaps and propose reasonable and creative solutions to improve processes including opportunities for automating manual processes or activities within a process.
- Adhere to the accounting and reporting deadlines as described in the monthly close calendar.
- Raise issues / queries with the Manager / Corporate team in a timely manner and coordinate to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Assist with the creation and preparation of ad hoc schedules and reports as required by management
- Prepare and report key performance metrics for management review
- Provide the required support for external, internal and SOX audits, process walkthroughs and workflows as and when required (primarily during quarter and year end audits)
- Create process documentation namely Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update them at regular intervals in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- CA, Bachelor / Masters of Commerce, or Accounting Technician (ICAI) or Diploma in Business Administration (DBA)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- 2 - 4 years’ experience with a multinational company. Experience of working in an Information Technology Company will be desirable
- Required to work shifts to overlap with US time zones on critical days of month / quarter / year end close
- Hands on experience on Workday ERP is preferred
- Working Knowledge of reconciliation tool would be a plus
- Hands-on experience on MS office (Excel, Word etc.). Good command over Excel is required
- Proactive and problem solving attitude
- Good command on English speaking and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Adapts quickly to changes in a dynamic organizational structure and business processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Is a team player
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
How do you want to make your impact?