Pipeline Data Analyst will be responsible for developing and deploying prototype solutions and working with IT & data teams to deliver robust POC solutions used to model the future state data tools in a continually evolving technical environment. The individual works collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists, IT and engineering professionals across the organization to solve critical problems and answer important questions that drive key decisions for our business.
Key deliverables include:
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximizing the use of available data to support the Vegetables R&D business workflows
- Analyze, Design and implement new and improved workflows for the logistics of material flowing through the pipelines.
- Forming partnerships with cross functional teams in the organization, including internal R&D, engineering and IT teams and managing the bi-directional flow of global-ready data and dashboards.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Providing technical contributions in a fast-paced team environment to accelerate efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline.
- Assesses needs and recommends experiments and projects, suggests new algorithmic development, drive tactical decisions about approaches and needed data.
- Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, operations research techniques, and strong business acumen to deliver insight, recommendations, and solutions.
- Developing sustainable, consumable, accurate, and impactful reporting on model inputs, model outputs, observed outputs, business impact, and key performance indicators.
- Identifies, defines and resolves unique problems at all levels within the organization. Helps in constructing data-driven evaluation frameworks for both internal and external data products and decision-making processes.
- Understands and guides validation processes for models and analyses. Advises on limitations and advantages of competing approaches. Effectively deals with the complexities of understanding and interpreting information.
- Contribute to ongoing data science efforts, utilize available data sets and data science best practices to identify business risks and opportunities. Activity influences procedures and/or company policy.
- Independently conceives, plans, and conducts investigations which can have significant influence on technological developments.
- Seeks and builds collaborations on project and work stream initiatives for the Data Science Community.
- Partner with the business and functions, data stewards, project/program managers and other scientific, engineering/ IT teams to transform data into actionable knowledge and recommendations that can be used to make sound organizational decisions.
- Develops analytics models and scalable analytical solutions (information products) that generate insights to drive a competitive advantage.
- Work within the analytics community to curate structured and unstructured data from disparate sources, cleanse and validate the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity.
- Participates in strategic evaluations of new technologies, methodologies to support decision making processes.
- Provides support to regional team and is expected to provide technical leadership to all levels of the organization.
- MS degree 7 years’ experience or Ph D with 5 years working experience in Engineering, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline.
- Strong proficiency in computational skills, building data models using R, Python or other statistical and/or mathematical programming packages.
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms and concepts
- Strong communication competencies to include presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses in a clear, concise and actionable manner to broad audiences and key stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Ability to challenge status quo and to embrace change
- Ability to lead and influence key stakeholders through challenges and opportunities; facilitates solutions
- Experience in developing people and teams, especially cross-cultural teams
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.