Must have knowledge of some of the 3D design softwares like SP3D, PDS, PDMS, AutoCAD and CADWorx etc.
2. Must be familiar with piping codes and standards.
3. Should have experience of preparation of plot plan / equipment arrangement plan,
Tie-in drawing generation etc.
4. Should have performed piping engineering of standard piping modules like: pump piping, column piping,
exchanger piping, tank piping, vessel / drum piping, pipe rack piping, haters /reformers piping, modular concept
5. Should have knowledge of various piping concepts like steam tracing
6. Should be aware of IBR piping, basics of pipe supporting, and pipe flexibility.
7. Should have knowledge of piping / equipment operation and maintenance requirements to be taken care,
while developing layout.
8. Should know generation / extraction of Isometric, spool drawings and piping GA drawing and checking.
9. Should know stress, restrain summary and type of supports.
10. Should have worked in developing Interconnecting P&ID and tie-in schedules.
11. Should be able to decide nozzle orientation and generation orientation sheets.
12. Clash & consistency checking of piping, preparation of line list & interconnecting PID, nozzle orientation of
13. Modelling of Piping, Equipment, Structural -Civil, Electrical & Instrumentation items and generation of Support
sketches using 2D / 3D design tools.
14. BOM extraction for piping items using 3D design tools and from P&ID.
15. Should be familiar with piping material specifications.
16. Review and checking of modelling with Navis works and simulate.
17. Co-checking & commenting drawings from vendors and other disciplines.
18. Should be conversant with P&IDs, Instrument hook ups structural drawings etc. & its effect on piping