Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work with highly skilled infrastructure architects and deployment specialists in taking up challenging internal IBM projects to develop and execute complex solutions
- You be involved in analysis/programming/testing of code in live projects in various CIO domains
- You will collaborate with other team members in the squad and across the tribe
- You will align to social contract agreed upon within the team for all meetings and deliverables
- You will acquire the necessary Agile skills required within the project
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in PLI development.
- Ability for Problem solving
- Knowledge in Billing & Invoicing Processes
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work on deadlines
- Strong Programming Skills:
- PLI and CICS Webservices.
- Concepts on software development models.
- Must have worked on communication protocols like- FTP, SFTP, FTPS
- PLI professional with excellent skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding in core tenants to be considered when designing, developing and deploying to a Cloud. Confident enough to demonstrate Cloud Platforms
- Should be pro active, enthusiastic and go getter
- Understanding on how to get started on Cloud Platforms with an ability to identify the appropriate Cloud Platform products to use for popular architectural patterns
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Experience in administering databases, overseeing Production issues and test databases
- Ability to identify possible performance issues and solve problems
- Experience in Linux operating system and MVS Concepts
- Familiarity with DB2 Control Center & DB2 informational tools
- Good analytical skills and problem solving attitude.