· Initially reports directly to the Chief Engineer Civil and will work within a team to support Architectural design for projects around the world. This role may transition to a project specific assignment, typically with a lump sum Design-Build contract basis reporting to an Engineering Group Supervisor (EGS) or Project Engineer
· Participates in the self-perform design work for a broad range of engineering disciplines
· Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, application, adaptation and modification of advanced architectural techniques, procedures and criteria
· Has exposure to various International life safety and building codes including Indian standards
· Has understanding and knowledge of structural arrangement and interface
· Has experience in material selection and mock-up inspection
· Has participated in the activities and proceedings of prestigious academic and professional societies and recognized national boards and bodies
· Proficiency in the use of Revit and exposure to BIM is essential
· Has experience of handling and leading a project team
1. Primary Responsibilities
· Ensuring conformance with Contract Requirements relating to Engineering
· Conforming Bechtel Standard procedures to Project Requirements and ensuring their implementation
· Supporting the supervising engineer in planning and implementing a program to develop self-perform engineering capabilities and resources
1. Supervision Received
· Independently performs complex architectural assignments and receives technical guidance from a senior architectural specialist or supervisor on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Develops and interprets architectural design criteria and specifications for complex infrastructure projects
· Performs assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected
· Analyzes problems with conflicting design requirements, sketches ideas and recommends possible solutions
· Analyzes and reports on the suitability of unconventional materials, techniques and/or difficult coordination requirements
· Prepares and presents architectural concepts and developed deigns using 3D tools to client for approval
· Prepares reports for clients as required
· Prepares or assists in the preparation of conceptual studies, designs and reports for proposals
· Develops and reviews project schedule, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders
· Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment, material specifications, work scopes, material requisitions, bid evaluations and award recommendations
· Reviews and approves key calculations, design documents, supplier drawings and data and changes orders for the project to which assigned
· Provide architectural support during the construction phase of the project. Assist in providing oversight for subcontractors providing professional services such as construction quality assurance
· Coordinates architectural efforts in assigned areas with specialty groups, engineering disciplines, the client, vendors, contractors, construction and other functional groups.
· Mentors and assists in on-the-job training of personnel.
· Technical knowledge of architectural concepts, techniques, materials and construction methods. Working knowledge of planning and control methods.
· Broad knowledge of precedents in a specialty area and of principles and practices of related engineering methods and systems.
· Knowledge of architectural design, arch specialty areas, production techniques, codes and standards, building materials, LEEDS certification, regulatory standards, design criteria and construction methods
· Familiarity with construction practices and economics.
· Knowledge of current industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to architectural work.
· Skill in assessing the scope of problems and developing practical solutions.
· Understanding of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs),design guides, and relevant Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
· Adequate experience of preparing a very high quality presentation drawings using 3D perspectives, isometrics, 3D walk thru using 3D max studio tools. Knowledge of other application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer AIDED Design (CAD) tools is essential.
· Skill in oral and written communication.
· Minimum 5-year degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 20 years of experience in Infrastructure projects like Rail/Road/Metro Transportation and Aviation. This practical work experience must be primarily in architecture, but may be supplemented by relevant experience in related areas of the building industry.
· Professional license from a recognized licensing board and/or LEED certification shall be added advantage