Key Technical Competencies/Knowledge
• Business domain knowledge Mutual fund & Hedge fund industry with overview of portfolio management and accounting.
• Sound knowledge of middle and back office work in typical asset management firm and Investment Banks.
• Sound knowledge on different asset classes especially Derivative products (Future, Forward, Option, SWAP),Fixed Income Instruments, ABS, MBS etc.
• Knowledge of Posting of different kind of transactions like Future Variation Margin, Trade/Derivative Contract, Open/Close Contract, Paydown, Coupon, Contribution/Withdrawal etc.
• Should have good understanding on Reconciliation and resolving of discrepancies.
• Knowledge of accounting platform e.g. Eagle, Geneva would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of reconciliation tool e.g. E-STAAR, TLM, Intellimatch (SunGard) would be an added advantage.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrate initiative and drive the same across unit.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce preferred.
• Master’s degree in finance / Accounting
Personal performance and work practices.
Client Focus & Adaptability