Who We Are Looking For
Without engineers, nothing gets built. Without salespeople, nothing is sold. Without designers, the product wont appeal to the users. But, who gets all of them on the same page and ensures that the product crosses the finish line. Who drives them to take an idea from start to finish - that onus lies on the shoulders of Product Managers.
Product managers are the problem solvers, and product management is fundamentally about thinking on your feet, staying one step ahead of your competitors, knowing what to build and what not to build, understanding what consumers need, and being able to assist the marketing and sales teams better target them.
In short, it's like having more than one job, because it combines elements of other specialties like research, engineering, design, marketing, sales, and above all people management.
In one line, if you are a comic-book fan- we are looking for accountability of - Captain America-, environmental awareness similar to - spidey senses-, and the attitude of - The Dark Knight-!Desired Candidate Profile
- MBA Marketing/MBA IT with up to 3-4 years of experience in a product role with Consumer Internet/E-commerce companies OR SaaS platforms OR B2C mobile apps only. Any other industry experience may not be considered.
- Alternatively, B.E./B.Tech/MCA with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a Product Manager or Business Analyst at IT companies may also apply.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics/Hotjar/WebEngage or any similar platform for user journey tracking.
- A computer science background is a major advantage
- Understanding of data analytics and statistical methods like normalization, regression, and predictive modeling is an added advantage.
- Must be passionate about consumer internet and mobile technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task within tough deadlines.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from planning, development, implementation, and launch. Complete end-to-end ownership of the product.
- Think creatively, focus on the overall objectives of the company, and interact with other functional areas like Technology, QA, Design, Sales & Marketing, Research & Analytics, etc.
- User flow visualization and storyboarding, creating PRDs/JIRA stories and product wireframes.
- Coordinate with UX designers to build mock-ups for the product. Candidates with a design expert will have an upper hand.
- Drive product plan and ensure achievement of the success metrics of the product owned.
- Consistent focus on competitors- offerings and product enhancements. Smartness to predict future enhancement in competitors- offerings is expected.
- Identify opportunities for new product development and existing product enhancement from insights generated during the previous development cycle and post-launch response.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to generate market insights, user behavior, and future trends.