Role- Product Manager
Team- Stay Experience
Are you interested in a rare opportunity to help build and grow an online marketplace? Are you a product manager with strong technical skills that is passionate about building exceptional user experiences, especially for native mobile platforms? Vrbo, part of Expedia Group, is an exciting, international, profitable company that is redefining the global travel industry. We are searching for the next standout product manager to join Vrbo's Traveler product team and power our core value proposition of helping people travel better together.Some Of The Areas That Stay Team Focusses Are
As the Product Manager, you will work closely with the engineering, design, consumer research, product marketing, data science, and other traveler product teams to define the vision for one or more of the Traveler features. You’ll help to define and execute a perfect Stay Experience for our travelers booking through Vrbo brands globally.
- Reservation Management – allowing users to manage their bookings
- Pre-stay & check-in – equip travelers with adequate information and features to allow flawless check-in
- Conversations & Stay bot – Lead features that enable conversations of travelers with property owners/partners and tightly integrate and chatbots
- In stay feedback and resolution
- Driving repeat through enhanced post-booking experience
You could lead one or multiple areas defined above and could vary project to project.
You are a strategic problem solver, passionate about user experience, analytical, an excellent problem-solver, and have a strong work ethic. You have a detailed understanding of technology stacks and the underlying algorithms and data structures. Proficiency in data analysis tools & native apps will have an edge for the candidate to be effective in this role.What You’ll Do
Who You Are
- Develop, communicate and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the assigned focus area within Traveler UX that will help transform the Travel industry
- Lead a feature team during preparation and participation in 180-day planning sessions, monthly product reviews, and deep-dive workshops
- Collaborate daily with the Development, Design, and Consumer Research teams to ensure project requirements are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Practice the test and learn the methodology and to quickly and efficiently identify and evaluate opportunities that will inform the roadmap
- Conduct competitive analysis and industry research to identify gaps and opportunities to improve the product strategy
- Collaborate across the product management organization to ensure visibility into cross-cutting initiatives.
- Define, track and report on user metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvement e.g. feature usage, conversion rates
- Lead resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners
- Make recommendations regarding policy changes that will enable and support the product vision and strategy.
- 5+ years (PM) of software product management experience within an agile software development environment
- Possess analytical reasoning and ability to boil down end-user needs into new products/ideas and a relevant technical framework.
- Ability to lead large, sophisticated, international projects in an evolving environment.
- Have experience working on iOS or Android native apps
- Proficient in using the scientific method to find opportunities and evaluate solutions to business problems.
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively
- High-level initiative and desire to create a premier user experience for our customers
- MBA from a Tier 1 Institute
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical background
- Willing to travel up to 10% Internationally
Why Join Us
- Experience with online A/B testing to drive improvement in customer experience and business results
- Hobbyist programmer
- Travel industry experience
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to be a part of engineering or customer support, marketing, or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the multifaceted travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.