About The Team
The core mission of the product management team is to improve how cloud software and solutions are discovered, purchased, and managed globally. We have a strong passion for creating best-in-class user experiences at every stage of the customer journey. We thrive on turning complex technical challenges into elegant customer-focused solutions that are scalable and easy to use. Catering to a diverse ecosystem of cloud commerce vendors, channels, and users requires us to creatively think our way through challenges - with a dual focus on product quality and time-to-market. We learn from but don't dwell on our occasional mistakes - holding each other accountable, while also being committed to our shared success.About You
AppDirect is seeking an experienced Product Manager with a passion for innovation and customer experience to lead the product experience for AppSmart's Technology Advisors -- who leverage the AppSmart marketplace to sell cloud software and connectivity services to businesses customers. You will become a key member of the AppDirect Product Management team and will work closely with other product managers and software engineers to drive product through all development and go-to-market phases -- from conceptualization, through launch and into adoption. A significant part of your role will be acting as a liaison between the business and technical worlds, requiring you to quickly context switch between product strategy and customer needs assessment, to technically complex problem solving and solution design.How you’ll make an impact & what you’ll do:
What You’ll Need
- Align with AppSmart Product Management leadership on the Advisor Products vision.
- Understand and champion Customer needs for features and capabilities to support Advisors all the way through the finding, quoting and (assisted sales) buying process.
- Collect customer feedback, nurture customer relationships, and bring the voice of the customer to your product development process.
- Be the subject matter expert internally on Advisor Products, understanding the detailed end-to-end customer journey.
- Align with AppSmart Product Management leadership and contribute to the product roadmap for Advisor Products.
- Develop and manage your product backlog, continuously articulating your rationale for prioritization and driving tough tradeoffs decisions to balance competing stakeholder interests.
- Work within our iterative product development process and take ownership to ensure product delivery deadlines and customer commitments are met.
- Define detailed business requirements and work closely with our software engineers and architects on innovative solutions that take usability and scalability into account.
- Maintain the product backlog for and own the quarterly product planning process for the Advisor Products team.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for your Advisor Product features, to ensure acceptance criteria are met prior to promoting them to production.
- Produce content for engineering, sales, and product marketing to consume for product launches, training, or technical specs.
- Keep a watchful eye on your product’s performance, ensuring performance and reliability meets integration partner needs and issues are solved quickly. Own your measures of success, converting your KPIs to actions.
- 3-5 years of solid experience in Enterprise SaaS technical product management or similar domain.
- BS in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of the SaaS/Cloud Services/PaaS industry landscape.
- Experience with indirect IT product and services channels (VAR and MSPs) is desirable.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs to market (JSON, SOAP, XML) and designing complex workflows.
- Excellent communications and partnering skills. Comfortable presenting to customers and internal stakeholders, across business and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability leading geographically diverse cross-functional product teams.
- Analytical and detail-oriented approach to your work, while also being quick to act and results driven.
- Strong ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps that drive results.