The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Business Unit Introduction
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
Who you are:
- As an Infrastructure Specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support in order to ensure a high degree of Customer Happiness through Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Process Compliance
- Perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters
- Work with support and delivery teams, management and liaise with support areas
- Provide updates / communication to senior management on the status of Networking support related incidents
- Participate in daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running
- Provide assistance with identifying problem management trends
What will you do:
- Prioritize major incidents based on business impact to the client
- Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Set up a medium to large extent office, support data center services, remote servers, and set up remote site by configuring needed infrastructure
- Analyze and research options for collaborates with exiting external systems
- Participate in architectural planning for service management and service assurance
- Need to involve in solution testing, debugging, and refinements to produce the required end-product
How we’ll help you grow:
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience in ControlM and Enterprise Management environment
- Experience on writing Impact policies and various integrations using Impact
- Proven expertise on Microsoft Installer Technology with experience of 7 plus on Application Repackaging which includes troubleshooting and testing across various platforms
- Proficient in working with using INSTALL-SHIELD, WISE PACKAGE STUDIO
- Ability to customize and meet Operations teams requirements while demonstrating expertise in publishing health status reports, remediation steps and timelines to IT Service Management while performing root cause analysis and implement preventative solutions
- Validated knowledge in diagnosing hardware and software problems and replace failed components with experience in interacting with Service Desk, Desktop, Network, Systems Administration and Business Applications Support teams
- Proficient in participating customer team meetings to gather business and technical requirements
About Business Unit
- Working experience in high availability environment with alignment to process (ITIL)
- Ability to manage change and work under short timeliness for delivery
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.