The Program Management team at PubMatic fuels the prioritization and execution of corporate strategies. Members of the Program Management team lead critical, cross-functional, and complex initiatives to completion by ensuring that geographically distributed teams execute seamlessly.Responsibilities
Following Are Some Key Duties This Role Will Perform
- The Program Manager role will report directly to the Head of PMO and will bear extreme importance due to the nature of duties it will perform. This role will have three main areas of responsibility:
- Management of cross functional programs aligned with product verticals. In this capacity, the Program Manager will partner with Product, Engineering and Go-To-Market leaders to identify, prioritize, plan, execute, launch, and close complex product development initiatives.
- Partner with the Engineering and IT leadership to identify and spearhead the execution of technology initiatives aimed at improving software development processes, internal applications, and PubMatic s global IT infrastructure.
- Management of agile maturity initiative at PubMatic. In this capacity, the Program Manager will train, measure and mentor product development agile teams as they adopt advanced agile practices. This role will involve hands-on coaching, classroom training for the Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other stakeholders at different levels.
- Manage initiation, planning, execution, launch and closure phases of programs. Ensure alignment of all program stakeholders behind overall objectives.
- Lead day to day execution of programs while keeping sight of strategic goals and working with teams comprising of highly accomplished engineering, UX, product and QA leads
- Interact with product, engineering and GTM executives on a daily basis in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Proactively manage risks, issues, and dependencies
- Partner with Product and Engineering Managers to contribute towards product road-map planning, resource planning and prioritization tradeoffs
- Coach the product development teams on agile product development processes, attend scrum ceremonies, and provide hands-on consultation
- Set a gold standard for concise, polished, and crisp communication.
- Define, evangelize, and manage the evolution of custom processes and frameworks in order to fill process and execution gaps
- Be a catalyst for change in the organization, lead without authority and handle evolving change efforts by establishing excellent rapport with stakeholders
Nice To Have
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a strongly associated discipline
- In-depth and practical knowledge of agile development methodologies
- At least 10 years of overall experience, of which 5 years in program management or similar experience where the candidate has led complex cross-functional initiative end to end
- At least 3 years of experience interacting (presenting, facilitating decisions making) with VP and C-Level managers
- Must be technically savvy and completely at ease with leading successful engineering focused discussions
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills - ability to tailor the communication style to suit the audience and the situation
- Pragmatic and logical approach - ability to rein in creative minds at the right time in order to ensure focus on execution
- Ability to quickly understand context and apply big picture thinking to achieve tangible results
- Exemplary time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Get-it-done mindset and a hands-on approach to managing teams
- Well versed with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Biased towards action and a great sense of accountability and ownership for end to end program life cycle
- Prior Ad-tech experience
- Master s degree in Business Management, Project Management, or strongly associated discipline
- Previous experience running IT Infrastructure projects
- Prior consulting experience with a leading IT Consulting firm
- Scrum (Product Owner and Scrum Master) and PMP certification