Designation: Project Engineer
Qualification: A recognized bachelorâs degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
Working Hours: 9 AM to 6 PM
- Has full technical responsibility for planning, interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating the engineering assignments and activities on the project in liaison with the Global Business Unit Project Engineering Manager for Proposals, FEED, EPC, and PMC projects.
- Establish/manage the overall engineering budget, maintains ownership, and ensure execution within approved budgets.
- Coordinates, and manages the statutory and company-specific design reviews undertaken, i.e., Model Reviews, HAZOP, LOPA, HSE etc.
- Ensures that requisite supporting documentation is completed.
- Establishes/manages the project design, and engineering scope and maintains ownership
- Establishes/manages and reviews the engineering project schedule for the project/program and carries out any actions to prioritize /re-schedule the engineering deliverables and personnel necessary to meet the overall schedule.
- Plans, forecasts, identify the necessary engineering resources to support the program workload requirements and program release dates for input to the functional department
- Will act as the primary interface for the Global Business Unit Project Manager and Project Engineering Manager for all engineering and personnel matters within the project/program
- Provides oversight management of technical documentation to procurement, construction, and third parties.
- Coordinates technical and commercial reviews on engineering outputs from the project/program, and reviews contract documentation.
- Undertakes design coordination meetings with construction at various phases including implementation of the Design for Safe Construction Procedure.
- Instigates and reviews TIC reduction/ value engineering opportunities/proposals
- Ensures that statutory and company-specific design reviews are undertaken and are in accordance with QA procedures in place at the time
- Working knowledge of industry / regulatory standards and design criteria within the engineering
- Strong working knowledge of project control systems, estimating procedures, and procurement systems
- The ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly
- Confident decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues.
- Lots of initiative
- Ability to develop innovative ideas to reduce project total installed costs (TIC).
- Ability to present technical design issues to customers and suppliers and the ability to recommend solutions based on knowledge and experience
- Excellent IT skills
- Understands Bechtel Standard Application Program and uses tools for digital data delivery.
- Proficient execution planning, resource allocation skills /procedures
- Working knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Great organizational skills
- Understands BSAPS and uses tools for digital data delivery.
- Proficient execution planning, and resource allocation skills