Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities,
identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure timely
completion of project.
- Clearly identify the project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of
each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team and
communicate to all impacted shareholders.
- Identify changes to the project scope, balance project constraints and communicate to
leadership the impact to budget and schedule.
- Recognize when problems, technical or otherwise, are developing in a way that
threatens the budget or schedule and take corrective actions to mitigate the problem.
- Represent the project team at project meetings and executive report outs, responding
to questions, identifying action items and following up as needed.
- Learn and use the PDP (Product Development Process)to prepare detailed project
plans, action plans, estimates, schedules and forecasts as well as communicate project
- Use Visual Management to track status, compliance to schedule, responsibility,
budget, risks and issues on each project.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
1-3 years engineering experience, preferably in managing engineering projects.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills with a project management
process. Experience in multiple discipline, multiple location projects.
CATIA Is Preferred
- Knowledge of 3D Solid Modeling software such as SolidWorks, Inventor, CREO, and/or
- Ability to create and interpret drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) Certification must.
- Experience with 5-why problem solving and Counter Measure techniques.
- Experience with scheduling tools like MS Project and proficiency with the MS Office
package. Willingness to travel (5-15%),both domestic and international. Competencies / Skills
- Action Oriented: Readily takes on challenges without unnecessary planning; identifies
and seizes new opportunities; steps up to handle tough challenges
- Manages Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze a situation;
- Acquires data from multiple sources when solving problems; uncovers root causes to
difficult problems; evaluates pros, cons, risks, and benefits of different solution
- Resourcefulness: Marshals resources to get things done; orchestrates multiple
activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal; gets the most out of limited resources;
applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts.
- Cultivates Innovation: Comes up with useful ideas that are new better or unique;
introduces new ways of looking at problems; can take a creative idea and put it into
practice; encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.