At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Project Manager, you are responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the client using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. They have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. They are responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the client..
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Effectively and positively communicate the organizational mission, vision, values, goals, performance management and action plans to assigned resources.
- Should be well versed with project management domains: Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing
- Lead a project team in delivering a solution to the customer and should have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverable, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Manage all project resources and establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer and provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer
- Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project
- Strong infrastructure background preferably with cloud experience
- Skills and leadership competencies for team building, client relations, Negotiation, decision making, problem solving and conflict management
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure Technology with more than 5 years of proven delivery managing increasingly complex projects
- Strong working knowledge of project-planning tools like MS Project, MS Excel, MS Power point
- Enterprise Operations (including Tivoli and System Operations Automations),ServiceNow, Measurements and Integration, Metering and Chargeback, Performance and Capacity, Platform Configuration Design, SARM Integration Services, Software Imaging and Distribution.
- Experience in leading project teams across different countries and cultures.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective Client & Stakeholder handling skills
- Excellent verbal and written English, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.