Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better-and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit ww.microsoft.com/Services.
MCS brings together our Delivery teams, Sales, Account-Aligned Delivery Management, Business Excellence & Operations and Global Pursuit into a global team of more than 4000+ professionals working together to enable every company to be a digital business.
The Business Excellence & Operations (BEO) organization plays a critical role in empowering sales, marketing and delivery to drive customer experiences through strategy, planning, governance, change initiatives and controls to ensure exceptional outcomes throughout the business lifecycle.
Within BEO, the Delivery Excellence Services (DES) group carries a vision to Equip, Enable and Support world class services delivery across the lifecycle for Microsoft customers. The engineering team in this group is responsible for building and maintaining software services & tools for estimation and software delivery management. These systems are used by MCS for effective estimation, improving productivity and enhance the overall customer & partner experience.
We are looking for a Project Manager to help us build impactful features/solutions in our tool sets, which contribute directly in improving the operational efficiencies, minimizing lead times and grow MCS revenue.
- You will work on discovering, defining, articulating, prioritizing, clarifying and delivering outcome based, highly impactful problems
- You will have an opportunity to directly drive impact in these areas and work with key business stakeholders.
- You will have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software, driving delivery of both current products as well as helping to define the future of our systems.
- You will help balance upcoming releases and priorities as you drive the technical strategy, planning and delivery across products
- Collaborate within Microsoft to develop best of breed solutions that are leverageable across multiple architectures and product generations
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to gather Business, Feature and non-functional requirements to develop solutions. Must have a strong focus on the end-to-end customer experience.
- Define and document requirements principles working with end-users & business stakeholders
- Define prioritization standards and manage challenging trade offs between product features and schedule
- Work with leadership teams and cross-organization teams to make sure that the scope and direction of the feature roadmap is driven clearly
- Provide regular concise updates to stakeholders to drive clarity and predictability
- Recognize any inconsistencies, assumptions, and critical elements.
- Document, propose and discuss the architecture and solution options, recommendations and implications.
- Facilitate and accelerate the decision process, considering the customer's business strategy, drivers, requirements and challenges; whilst bearing in mind the relevant industry trends.
- Listen, understand and drive business outcomes, which the end-users are expecting from the project/feature set and is able to work with them to have clearly articulated requirements and solution design in line with business outcomes
- Structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- Must be able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving priorities, and emerging practices.
- Tech/B. Tech/M.C.A degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in program management, system implementation, process analysis, and enterprise level services/systems.
- Good basic understanding/experience of application programming
- Held responsibility for the creation of functional specifications, project schedules and building plans to deliver
- Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven.
- Strong strategic leadership and analytical skills.
- Solid critical thinking and questioning skills.
- Outstanding track record of accomplishing results in a matrixed environment, working collaboratively across boundaries and influencing other teams
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others
- A good understanding of how to create software or how an engineering product cycle works