Job Description - Project Manager (20000V0U)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
About The Team
At Oracle NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, Oracle’s NetSuite global business unit has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
At Oracle NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. Oracle NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?Job Summary
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of Oracle NetSuite Professional Services’ implementations of the Oracle NetSuite application. Under the guidance of the Oracle NetSuite delivery methodology, the resource will drive the delivery of Oracle NetSuite’s Professional Services engagements according to the agreed upon scope, time and budget – all while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking and communicating the progress of projects, and in ensuring the quality delivery of Oracle NetSuite’s Professional Services. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning customer specific engagements, managing the business requirements development, review and signoff process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks. The Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and work with a number of resources within a matrix environment.
From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, presentation and signoffs of key deliverables such as project kickoff presentations, project plans, regular status reports, risk and issue logs, and working with the appropriate teams on change orders when required. S/he will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations with regard to project scope, the Oracle NetSuite delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management processes, communication and risk management plans.Responsibilities Include
Preferred Qualifications/Skills Include
- Be passionately customer-focused; relentlessly pursue providing an excellent customer experience every time.
- Establish, maintain and deepen client relationships by providing results and exceeding expectations.
- Deliver 10+ concurrent projects using the defined Oracle NetSuite delivery methodology.
- Plan, manage and communicate the progress of projects, achieving project milestones and maintaining project momentum.
- Identify and effectively mitigate risks.
- Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks, escalate when appropriate.
- Communicate well with all stakeholders, internal and external, including project sponsors, project managers, and project team members.
- Work collaboratively with project delivery leads and project resources.
- Effectively manage scope, budget, timeline, resources, quality and customer satisfaction throughout the project.
- Communicate effectively with and project-manage remote resources in a matrix environment, including offshore resources.
- Forecast and deliver against committed hours for your project portfolio.
- Deliver a diverse scope of services where project management requires analysis of numerous factors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and compliance with internal processes and procedures.
- Support the Sales cycle through scoping of PS engagements, Executive-level prospect meetings, and solution reviews
- Help to expand PS Sales in installed base of existing customers
- Present and promote the value of NetSuite Professional Services to prospective customers.
- Shift range between 2 pm and 6 am.
- Outstanding client-facing skills. History of building extraordinary relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to handle a variety of different projects simultaneously; adapts quickly and easily – manages multiple deadlines and multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience successfully delivering presentations and managing meetings via web conferencing.
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional escalation management skills.
- Demonstrates thoughtfulness and excellent judgement when selecting methods and techniques for achieving project success.
- Outstanding client-facing skills. History of building extraordinary relationships with clients, colleagues and third-parties. Demonstrated ability to interact well at the “C” level.
- Independently organizes and performs work required with minimal guidance, direction and follow-up.
- Ability to forecast work accurately, proactively manage workload and assist project teams with doing the same.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Works effectively as part of multiple, varied project teams and demonstrates genuine commitment to team success.
- Takes initiative and ownership. Proactive, results-oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines.
- A strong background in project management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
- Strong client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Implementation experience with Oracle NetSuite applications, and a good understanding of integration, data, customization, and other ERP implementation related principles; experience with Oracle NetSuite or competing solutions a plus.
- Formal Project Management methodology training, with significant practical use. Certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) are a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience relevant to this position including 0-5 years of project management experience.
- PBCS and/or Hyperion solution experience is a plus. Detailed Description and Job Requirement