● Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
● Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
● Deep understanding of API design, standards and architectural concepts including REST, GraphQL, Deeper and HATEOS.
● Understanding of API Specification formats including OpenAPI(Swagger),RAML and API Blueprint
● Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
● Data modelling and database design experience
● Experience with secure software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
● Experience with Cloud-native application concepts and architecture
● Experience with containerisation specifically using Docker
● Experience with architecting Kubernetes based service the mesh of microservices (istio, linked)
● Experience with public cloud (IBM, AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
● Ability to incorporate security, speed and scalability into the design stack.
● Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
● Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations