Numerator is looking for talented and passionate Intermediate Backend Engineers to join our growing engineer team that spans across the USA and Canada.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting engineer with a deep desire to learn & previous experience developing web applications from the ground up. You are someone who is comfortable working across the stack, enjoys designing features, making good product decisions, tweaking web servers, and more.
Our Backend Engineering organization is made up of many different teams that you can join. Whether you enjoy working on building out and scaling products/platforms, designing large-scale distributed systems, reverse engineering bots or developing/implementing end-to-end infrastructure, we’ll help find the right team for you!The Tech Stack
All our backend teams interface with many other teams, so there's potential to work with a variety of other technologies in our stack.Here’s What You Can Expect From Numerator
- We are leaders in our field and our teams just keep growing. From day one, you will get the opportunity to continuously build out features for our wide range of products. From working on challenging scaling problems to making many decisions on new projects; you will be in the driver’s seat from inception through production.Potential
- You will work on products that are heavily used: currently, we have big brands such as Pepsico, Unilever, and Walmart using our products and the list keeps getting bigger.Collaboration
- Collaboration is extremely important to us and our slogan is “Strength in Numbers”. We believe that quality experience and code come from a highly collaborative diverse team and we work around continuous feedback loops to fulfill this.We care about our code
- The team puts a strong emphasis on improving our codebase and not letting technical debt slow us down. There are constant code reviews and opportunities for your voice to be heard. We also know how to have fun with our code - check out our blog about our “bug jar”.Personal Growth
- We have a culture of learning and development. From our Numerator Academy to Numerator University and more we are constantly finding ways to further our employee's growth. On top of that, we have quarterly hack days, weekly Engineer lunches, mentorship programs, and more.
If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with other great engineers, then we want to hear from you!What You Bring
Skills & Requirements
Nice To Have
- At least 3 years of experience with Python, or strong knowledge of other object-oriented programming languages like Ruby, Java.
- Well versed in building the backend logic of web applications.
- Strong database skills (e.g. MySQL or Postgres).
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross-functional team.
- Solid foundation in designing and developing scalable APIs.
- Strong grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, and application of new technologies and best practices.
- You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
- A Bachelor's, Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or some related discipline.
What We Offer
- Experience with AWS.
- Comfortable with version control systems.
- Familiarity with message-oriented architectures (Celery, RabbitMQ).
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture.
- An opportunity to have an impact on our growing teams and organization.
- Ownership of platforms and environments with the industry-leading products.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences, and employee resources groups.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and work with people across the entire company.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here, the tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience